We can tell you with full confidence that renewable energy is the path to survival for our planet and for all living organisms, it is the energy that is not limited, thus providing the security of a future that promises all human beings.
Renewable energy is energy resulting from natural resources that is renewed in unlimited quantities, it is abundant and present everywhere around us. Other than that, it is clean and does not cause harmful emissions of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, and it is currently the least expensive energy in most countries.
Renewable energy…the way to survive
Renewable energy is energy resulting from natural sources that is renewed at a rate greater than what is consumed, such as sunlight and wind. It is one of the sources that is constantly renewed. Renewable energy sources are abundant and always present.
One of its most important sources is solar energy, which is the most abundant among all energy sources, so that it can be generated in the weather who is cloudy in addition to wind energy, which is extracted from the kinetic energy of the wind.
Also, geothermal energy uses the heat energy available in the ground, and heat is extracted from geothermal reservoirs using wells or other means. Electrical energy is used to produce energy as a result of the movement of water flowing from top to bottom, in addition to marine energy, where reliance is placed on technologies that use kinetic energy and thermal seawater to produce electricity.
Renewable energy sources follow a mechanism to eliminate dependence on imports, which allows countries to diversify their economies and protect them from unexpected fluctuations, promoting comprehensive economic growth and creating job opportunities.
What is the meaning of renewable energy
The term renewable energy expresses the energy that is produced by as a result of natural processes without human intervention, as this energy is constantly renewed.
Among these natural factors that contribute to the production of renewable energy are wind energy, geothermal energy, running water energy, and sea waves, in addition to biomass energy, and energy is distinguished that has many things to say about it, it is free and inexhaustible, in addition to that, it is clean energy.
Renewable energy sources
There are many sources of renewable energy, which are abundant and present everywhere we see, so the most important sources of renewable energy are:
- Solar energy is the most abundant of all renewable energy sources, as it can be generated in cloudy weather. Solar energy technologies these days have been able to provide natural lighting, heat, electricity, and fuel. These technologies work to convert solar energy into electrical energy through photovoltaic panels or through mirrors that are fixed Solar radiation.
The cost of producing solar panels has declined in the past decade, making this energy accessible to everyone, as solar panels can be used for approximately 30 years, and the period varies depending on the types of manufacturing materials.
- Geothermal energy, where reliance is placed on the thermal energy present in the interior of the earth, as it is extracted from geothermal reservoirs using wells or other means. Once it reaches the surface, fluids with different temperatures are used in order to generate electricity, and this technology adopted in generating electricity is reliable, as It has been used for more than 100 years.
- Wind energy is produced based on the kinetic energy of the wind using large wind turbines located on the sea or on land. Although average wind speeds vary greatly depending on location, the global technical potential for this energy exceeds the global production of electricity.
- Marine energy uses technologies that use the kinetic or thermal energy of sea water currents or waves to produce heat or electricity. Prototypes of devices for tidal currents and waves are also being explored to develop marine energy systems.
- Bioenergy is produced based on a variety of organic materials, such as coal, wood, natural fertilizer, agricultural crops, agricultural residues, and organic waste streams.
This energy is relied upon to produce heat and is used for heating, cooking, and lighting, especially by poor populations in developing countries.
Solar energy means the energy that is emitted mainly from the sun’s rays, whether it is heat or light. It is the product of nuclear reactions inside the sun, which is considered the closest star to our planet.
Because it has great importance for everything that pulsates life on the surface of the Earth, all countries of the world have come to depend on it as it is an inexhaustible source which meets all human needs.
Solar energy is distinguished is a clean source that does not negatively affect the climate and does not produce gases that harm the environment. Some studies have shown that there are 1.1 billion people who don’t have access to electricity, so relying on solar energy is the ideal solution.
Solar energy is environmentally friendly, it does not cause pollution. It also reduces the cost of electricity consumed and is a permanent, renewable source of energy.
NASA stated that solar radiation will continue for 65 billion years. Solar energy can also be relied upon to heat water by installing solar heaters, which will reduce money which resulting from paying electricity bills, in addition to helping to heat the house, charging solar batteries and electric generators, and lighting poles in stadiums or streets, in addition to its ability to operate electrical appliances.
Solar energy technology relies on converting solar rays into electrical energy through mirrors that concentrate the sun’s heat, or through photovoltaic panels.
The difference between renewable and non-renewable energy
Energy is classified into two sources: the first type is renewable energy, which includes wind energy, water energy, ground energy, and solar energy. It is sustainable and renewable energy.
The second type is non-renewable renewable energy, which includes coal, oil, chemicals, and natural gas. This type of energy is not sustainable and it will be compensated only after a period of time has passed, we will provide you with details about each type:
- Renewable energy is used from natural resources such as the sun, water, and wind. It is also constantly renewed and is known as clean energy. The distinguishing feature of this energy is that it does not depend on fossil fuel sources to produce energy. Its quantities are unlimited and do not cause any emissions that harm the environment. It is also free and is not affected by wars or Conflicts, on the contrary, from non-renewable energy sources.
- Non-renewable energy is an energy that derives its resources from the ground, and its sources are diverse, such as natural gas, coal, crude oil, and nuclear energy. Non-renewable energy is characterized by the fact that it is continuous energy that is not affected by weather fluctuations, unlike renewable energy, and it does not require large areas in order to build its own stations. Also, it has appeared new technologies reduce carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere as they are stored in the ground.
The disadvantages of non-renewable energy include high maintenance costs. It is also unsustainable energy that needs to be renewed every period of time. It is unclean energy that is harmful to the environment. It also depends on fossil sources in its generation of energy and is affected by political and economic conditions.
Wind energy is generated thanks to the kinetic energy of the wind, relying on the rotation of wind turbines, which generate electrical energy.
Wind energy is considered a type of electromechanical energy, and it is one of the types of renewable energy that is used as an alternative to fossil fuels. It is also renewable and does not run out. It is clean energy that does not contribute to the formation of emissions harmful greenhouse gases.
It is always recommended to place wind turbines in rural areas due to the lack of buildings and the large area there. Wind farms consist of hundreds of turbines that are connected to each other to form electrical energy. According to 2013 statistics, Denmark is the most country that uses this energy , it generates more than a third of its electricity needs from wind energy.
The role of dams in renewable Energy
Hydroelectric energy is considered one of the types of renewable energy that is produced by the water of rivers and dams resulting from the flow of water that works to move turbine blades in order to produce mechanical energy.
This energy is converted into electrical energy. Sometimes hydroelectric energy systems consist of these components, a channel or line, pressurized pipes for transporting water, There are also pumps or water wheels that work to convert the energy of flowing water into rotational energy, which then converts the rotational energy into electricity.
Most of the time, generating energy from water depends on dams in which the water is trapped and thus transformed into a huge reservoir or artificial lake. Choosing the location of the dam is important.
What is clean energy
Clean energy is defined as energy that does not pollute the atmosphere, such as electricity, water, or wind, unlike coal and oil, which pollute the atmosphere.
This energy is often a type of renewable energy. The importance of clean energy is great as it maintains health, and therefore the shift to energy sources is is Clean energy, such as wind and solar energy, not only helps in addressing climate change, but also allows for reducing air pollution and health. The meaning of clean energy is moving away from sources that release a lot of greenhouse gases, such as fossil fuels, and shifting to those that release little or greenhouse gases that it’s not released at all.
hydropower, wind energy, and solar energy are some of these clean sources.